Are you aware of the benefits of using the NHS App and all of the new features available to you? We are encouraging you all to use this as it saves us time in practice and is a better experience for you as patients. You can find information about other services when we are busy or closed, and ordering medication is much easier and safer for us to process.
The NHS App enables people to:
- get health advice using the health A-Z on the NHS website
- find out what to do when they need help urgently using NHS 111 online
- register as an organ donor
- choose whether the NHS uses their data for research and planning
Patients can register and prove who they are so they can:
- order their repeat prescriptions and view, set or change their nominated pharmacy, where they want their prescriptions to be sent
- view their GP health record securely
- manage their first hospital or clinic appointment with a specialist, when they are referred by their GP, through the NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS)
In some GP practices, depending on which systems are in use, people can also:
- message their GP surgery, doctor or health professional online
- consult a GP or health professional through an online form and get a reply
- access health services on behalf of someone they care for
- view useful links their doctor or health professional has shared with them
All GP practices in England are connected to the NHS App. This means that anyone aged 13 or over and registered with a GP practice in England can use it.
A range of digital tools is available alongside the NHS App, giving people an important choice in how they access GP services online.
Please follow this link for Information for patients about the NHS App is available on the NHS website.